California Health and Safety Code 11359(c)(1)-(3)
(c) Notwithstanding subdivision (b), a person 18 years of age or over who possesses cannabis for sale may be punished by imprisonment pursuant to subdivision (h) of Section 1170 of the Penal Code if:
(1) the person has one or more prior convictions for an offense specified in clause (iv) of subparagraph (C) of paragraph (2) of subdivision (e) of Section 667 of the Penal Code or for an offense requiring registration pursuant to subdivision (c) of Section 290 of the Penal Code;
(2) the person has two or more prior convictions under subdivision (b); or;
(3) the offense occurred in connection with the knowing sale or attempted sale of cannabis to a person under the age of 18 years.
What does this mean? Cannafornians possessing Cannabis for Sale will receive up to 3 years of Jail Time if:
(1) They were convicted of a serious felony as listed in Penal Code 667 (think felony and violence punishable by death) or is a sex offender.
(2) Have been caught twice trying to sell their cannabis
(3) Involved a minor under 18 years old.
Sign up for the TWI Newsletter for more information on how CA Recreational Laws will affect CA Weed Initiates!